Get Ready With Me | Soft, Smokey, Cut-Crease

11.16.2014

My latest video features one of my favorite looks that I've been wearing lately -- a classic smokey eye with a soft, easy cut-crease. I also show you how I do my makeup after. You definitely can put your own twist on this look and use your own favorite products in place of what I use. Watch below or read on for more info -- hope you enjoy :)




I find that a cut crease is made much more simple by using an eyeliner pencil. It provides you with more control and the ability to keep a more defined line, or opt for a softer line like I show in the video. I love the TIGI pencil I use in the video, but you can certainly use whatever you have at home. I know Wet n' Wild and N.Y.C have regular pencils in a variety of colors for cheap, so that is a great option as well. The key to this particular cut crease is to blend, blend, blend and then blend some more! 

Just a side note -- I prefer to do my eyes prior to the rest of my makeup. This allows easier clean up of fall out without affecting the rest of your makeup. Since I used tape to get a nice, defined line, doing my makeup after my eyes prevents the removal of makeup after I take the tape off as well. 

Here is the full list of products I used in this video:

Maybelline Instant Age Rewinder Concealer | Light
Tamanna Palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills | Bengal & Blush
TIGI Perfect Eyeliner Pencil | Black
N.Y.C Liquid Eye Liner
L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation | W4 Natural Beige
NYX HD Concealer | Fair
Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Pressed Finishing Powder
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
The Balm Bahama Mama Bronzer
Anastasia Brow Wiz | Taupe
Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara | Black
NYX Lip Pencil | Peek-a-Boo Neutral
L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Extraordinaire Lipcolour | 500 Molto Mauve


Beauty Blender (Professional)
Sigma E40 Tapered Blending Brush
Sigma F40 Large Angled Contour Brush
MAC 217 Brush
MAC 242 Brush
Real Techniques Blush Brush

As always, head to my twitter, leave a comment or contact me via e-mail with any thoughts or questions!

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground