Blonde to Brunette!

10.26.2013

I've been wanting to change up my hair lately so I made the bold, brave move to go brunette! I haven't had my hair dark in over 6 years so this was a huge change but I'm absolutely loving it! To see my transformation using L'Oreal Paris Excellence Creme Hair Dye in 5AR Medium Maple Brown, watch the video on my channel or read on for more information and to see my before and after picture! :)





1. After mixing the color and applying the serum (comes in the box) to the ends of my hair, I start by applying the dye to my roots and along my hairline.

2. Once I have thoroughly covered these areas, I work the dye from the root to the end of my hair, working in small to medium sized sections until my hair is saturated with the color.

3. I continue to apply the color to my hair by squeezing some of the dye into my (gloved) hand and massaging the dye into my hair to make sure all the blonde is covered and the dye is well distributed throughout my hair.

4. To finish, I flip my hair over, give it another good massage to make sure everything is covered with the dye, then pile my hair on top of my head and wait for it to set. For this particular box it took about 30 minutes for the color to develop.

5. When I'm rinsing my hair I wait until the water runs clear to use the conditioner that comes in the box. I leave the conditioner in for about 2 minutes, rinse it out, then style my hair as usual.

Have you transformed your hair color recently? What's your favorite dye to use? Let me know! :)


10 comments:

  1. I love your new transformation! The darker hair suits you. It especially brings out the color of your eyes. Have a great weekend!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much!! Have a great weekend too :)

      Delete
  2. This looks so great on you - I love it!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love it! You look so great as a brunette, it's a great color for the cooler weather!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it!

    www.styleandchocolates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground