This Little Tool Will Save Your Life...Or At Least Your Face

5.23.2016

I shave my face. Sounds a little crazy right? It's actually a technique that has become extremely common in the beauty world nowadays, although I like to claim that I started shaving my face long before it became the popular thing to do. If you want to achieve the benefits of face shaving and see how I shave mine, then keep reading.


I think the first time I stumbled across these facials razors was at Target many years ago. I remember thinking they would be great to use for my brows when I didn't feel like waxing or tweezing. That got out of control real fast. I think my brows are still recovering after I got a little razor-happy. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), I often look for the lazy and less painless way out in life. These tools are perfect for the stray chin hair, unsightly lady-stache, sideburns, and overall smoothing of the face.


WHERE TO GO. You can find these handy little tools at Target and most likely your local drugstore (they often come in a pack of three...which is perfect for me since I lose every cute and tiny item I purchase). They run at just a few bucks for a multi-pack and are great for travel. I like to buy more than one pack at a time just so I have a backup set on hand. You will want to throw out a razor after a few uses and move on to the next one. You can usually tell when it's time for a new razor when the blade starts getting dull and isn't doing a good job at removing your peach fuzz.


WHAT TO DO.  I literally use these all over my face. Make sure your face is clean, dry, and free of any product.

I typically start at the side burns, working in short, downward strokes. I've read you should go with the direction of hair growth, and have seen others go against the hair growth. I prefer going with the hair growth when it comes to most areas of my face. If I have a stubborn hair that won't disappear with a swipe in one direction, I try the other way and usually find success.

After my sideburns I move on to my cheekbone area. I feel like I have quite a bit of peach fuzz here. You have to be extra careful in this region of your face as it is rather sensitive (at least in my opinion). Work in short, downward strokes again, being mindful of the pace at which you shave. You don't want to end up scratching yourself in the process.

I typically head to my jawline and chin next. I definitely notice the most hair here. It's not dark by any means, but enough that I want it gone. I work carefully here, too, again in the same motions as before. Make sure you are wiping away the hair from your razor between strokes. You'll be surprised at how much will build up!

I finish up by going across my upper lip and touching up my brows. I use a magnified mirror and natural lighting throughout this whole process so I can make sure I get everything. I usually go against the hair growth for either side of my upper lip, then in downward strokes across the top. I only clean up my brows if I see a few strays and don't have time (or patience) to tweeze.

WHY YOU SHOULD TRY IT. Shaving your face not only gets rid of unsightly facial hair, but it helps your makeup application. Your makeup will go on smoother and best of all -- it will LOOK even better! I love how soft and smooth my face feels after shaving, and love how much better my makeup sits on my face. Shaving also helps exfoliate the skin, removing dead skin cells and leaving you with a softer, smoother, hair-free complexion. I find shaving once a week is plenty.

WHAT NOT TO DO. Please don't shave your face with a regular razor and shaving cream. Use the tools that are designed for your delicate face.

Disinfect your razor after each use, and throw it away as soon as your razor feels dull.

Remove all makeup, lotion, or other products before you shave. Make sure you face is clean and dry. You will want to wash your face afterwards to remove any left over dead skin cells and follow up with your favorite moisturizer.

If you give this a try, have tried it, are skeptical about trying it -- let me know. I'd love to hear your experiences, fails, or tips that have worked for you!

It feels good to be back in the blogging world. You will hear from me again very soon!

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground